Wednesday, May 18, 2011

J'croise aux Hébrides





Words: Serge Gainsbourg
Music: Alain Bashung


Je dédie cette angoisse à un chanteur disparu
I'm dedicating this anguish to a missing singer
Mort de soif dans le désert de Gaby
Dead of thirst in the desert of Gaby
Respectez une minute de silence
Respect a minute of silence
Faites comme si j'étais pas arrivé
Act as if I haven't arrived

Je croise des gimmicks
I cruise the gimmicks
Je croise mon public
I cruise my public
Je croise aux Hébrides
I cruise to the Hebrides
Je croise au zénith
I cruise to the zenith
Je croise des surplus
I cruise the collector's
De collector
Surpluses
Made in URSS
Made in the USSR
Et personne
And no one
Remarque
Notices

Déjà de son vivant il s'accordait mal
Already from his living he could ill afford
Moi je suis d'accord faut savoir bluffer
Me I agree, must know how to bluff
Pour un gaucher porter à droite
For a lefty to bear to the right
Vous parlez d'un sublime handicap
You speak of a sublime handicap

Je croise des dealers
I cruise the dealers
Je croise des thrillers
I cruise the thrillers
Je croise des killers
I cruise the killers
Je croise des criseurs
I cruise those in crisis
Je croise des actrices
I cruise the actresses
Sans scénar'
Without a scenario
Dans les bars
In bars
Et personne
And no one
Remarque
Notices

The Hebrides on Wikipedia and some images. Click
to enlarge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrides
 



No comments: