Sunday, May 22, 2011

Volontaire



Words: Serge Gainsbourg
Music: Alain Bashung


Studio version (for Patrick Huguenin): http://oldisound.musicblog.fr/1532520/Alain-Bashung-Volontaire-1982/


Emotions censurées
Censured emotions
J’en ai plein le container
I have a container full
Je m’accroche aux cendriers
I cling to the ashtrays
M’arrange pas les maxillaires
Don't rearrange my maxillaries (jawbones)
Section rythmique, section de combat
Rhythm section, combat regimen
Effets secondaires
The side effects
C’est quelles séquelles
What are the consequences
C’est tout ce qui me reste de caractère
It's all that remains of my character
Tête brûlée
Head burned up
J’ai plus qu’à m’ouvrir le canadair
The only thing left is to open up the water bomber
N’essayez pas de m’éteindre
Don't try to extinguish me
Je m’incendie volontaire
I set myself on fire voluntarily

A l’analyse il ressortirait
In analysis, it would come out
Que je suis pas d’équerre
That I'm not well-balanced
Vol de nuit sur l’Antarctique
Night flight over the Antarctic
J’attends la prochaine guerre
I'm waiting for the next war
Jamais d’escale
Never a layover
Jamais de contact
Never contact
Avec l’ordinaire
With the ordinary
Perdu la boussole le compas
Lost the compass the needle
Erreur volontaire
Voluntary misstep

Frôler des pylônes
Narrowly missing the pylons
Des canyons
The canyons
Frôler l’éphémère
Narrowly missing the ephemeral
Si tu touches
If you touch
Si tu te crashes
If you crash
Tu rentres dans le légendaire
You will enter into the legendary
Réalité
Reality
Réalités
Realities
Punition exemplaire
Exemplary punishment
Si c’est pour jouer les fugitifs
If it's to play at fugitives
Moi je suis volontaire
Me I'm a volunteer

Volontaire
Volunteer

 


No comments: